Microsoft Edge browser has the in-built support for Internet Explorer but users have to enable it beforehand. If you want to allow it, then this post might be helpful for you. Go through the blog and follow the instructions to use the internet explorer mode in the Microsoft Edge.
Start the Experimental Edge Flag
If you wish to start the Experimental Edge flag, then pursue the given instructions:
- Go to Edge Chromium browser, type the following address then press Enter:
- Choose IE mode to start the IE integration setting.
- Make the shortcut of Edge on desktop, right-click on it.
- Click on properties then input the given parameter to target:
- Tap on Apply.
- Then the OK option.
- Start the edge again.
Start the Internet Explorer in Microsoft Edge via Group Policy
Many companies around the world use Internet Explorer as it permits the loading of interior websites without using a separate browser. If you want to enable Internet Explorer in Edge, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Start the Group Policy setting
- Organize that which websites should be launch
- Confirm if the site is loading on Internet Explorer form
Before moving further, it is necessary to reveal which Internet Explorer performs in Edge supports including:
- All the files modes as well as enterprise.
- Controls the ActiveX
- Browsing the Helper Objects
- Internet Explorer settings and Group Policies which is influencing security zone settings as well as Protected Mode
- Microsoft Edge extensions
Start the Group Policy Setting
If you want to start the Group Policy setting, then abide by the given steps:
- Open Microsoft file page, then download as well as use the new Microsoft Edge Template.
- Launch Local Group Editor. As the GPEDIT launches.
- Go to the following settings:
- Open computer configuration.
- Click on Administrative Templates.
- Select Microsoft Edge.
- Turn to the right window of the editor and locate Configure Internet Explorer integration option.
- Tap twice the settings.
- Choose enabled.
- When you have checked the option, Open Options menu, then press the drop-down arrow.
- Click on Internet explorer mode then hit OK.
- This will confirm and save the settings of the policy.
Organize That Which Websites Should Be Launch in Internet Explorer
There are two choices to classify which sites to use to launch in Internet Explorer menu:
- Configure sites on Enterprise Site.
- Configure every Intranet site.